Are you addicted to trail running?
If the last couple of lines sound like a good story for you, then without question: you are a real trailrunner. Here's the thing: Saalbach Hinterglemm is one of the best places you could travel to. You can find hiking trails, as well as amazing landscape for trail running. If you also carry a joker card with you, you can start your run at 2.000 meters sea-level and will get right into the alpine trailrunning-paradise of Saalbach Hinterglemm.
That has to be in your backpack:
- Running maps and information on the best running-trails of Saalbach Hinterglemm
- Weather forecast and infos on weather development
- Mobile-phone and emergency numbers of the mountain rescue aso.
- Some cash to get some tasty food in one of the alpine huts
- Saalbach Hinterglemm Joker Card - for the free ascent with one of the cable cars
The best trails wait above the treeline
I do not lie to you if I say, Saalbach Hinterglemm has steep hills. At the first glance, this does not look like super easy for trail runners. BUT, as a Hotel Talblick guest, you do have the joker card in your hands, which means, you can use the cable cars for free. Get into a gondola and start your trailrun at the Kohlmais - the Saalbacher Höhenweg will put a smile on your face. Or you start on top of the Schattberg and take one of the hiking trails over to the summits of Stemmerkogel or Hochkogel. That's how we define trailrunning in Saalbach Hinterglemm.