Important infos for hikers in the summer holidays in Saalbach Hinterglemm
All you need to know for hiking
Hiking is a sensational family activity on a summer vacation. Especially if you are lucky and spend your holidays in the "Home of Lässig" Saalbach Hinterglemm. A lot of great and top-maintained hiking trails traverse the valley and bring you closer to the mountains. If you take the mountain railway towards the mountain at the start, you will save a lot of altitude and can enjoy your hike even more.
Always with you in the mountains:
- Weatherproof clothing - in case of weather deterioration
- Warm, long clothes to change - if it cools down
- Hood and gloves - especially in spring and autumn
- Sturdy footwear with a grippy sole - it depends on the liability
- Sunglasses, headgear, sunscreen for the skin
- Sufficient food and especially to drink
- Maps and tour Info - knowledge is power in the mountains
- Ev. hiking poles for long downhill passages
- Mobile phone and emergency numbers of the region
- What else do you remember?
Don't play with "alm animals"
More and more people nowadays hear about cow attacks or attacks of alpine animals on people. One thing is very important to note: the animals are rarely the problem! You have to know: If cubs are involved, the mother animals have a strong protector instinct. THAT'S WHY: Even if the calves look so sweet, keep your distance and respect their freedom, especially when hiking with dogs!