The freeride biker
"Down" is your direction with speed & airtime - park, freeride & downhill mountainbiking in Saalbach Hinterglemm
It goes down - everything else is not important. The cable cars in Saalbach Hinterlemm and your joker card are your best friends during your mountainbike vacation. Up on the mountains, speed, airtime and drops are the most important things for you. You want park lines, slope-style-action, northshores and worldcup-downhill-feeling. Welcome to Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang.
Freeriding & downhill Saalbach Hinterglemm - a class of its own
"You get off the cable car and immediately feel the adrenalin pumping through your body. You roll your bike to the starting line of the X-Line and cannot wait until you hit the trail. You put on your helmet, adjust your goggle, tighten your protectors, put the camera on record and let's go on the X-line from the Schattberg."
Everything top - from mountainbike-rental to SPA & wellness
Of course- you are freeride mountainbiker. Padeling uphill is a waste of time for you. Your bike is not constructed for uphill-riding - it wants to go downhill. You ride with speed through turns. Jumps and doubles are part of the programme. Only the thick drops and roadgaps are a bit too much for you - but there is some practise time left during your mountainbike-holidays in Saalbach Hinterglemm.
This is your freeride-bike:
- Massive travel about 200 mm are standard
- Wheel-size: this is the discipline for the old 26''
- Breaks: size matters - nothing smaller than 200 mm front and rear
- Suspension: huge forks with steel-springs and double brindge
- For freeriding you need thick tires with 2,4'' and more
- Wheels: massive and wide with strong spokes
- Must Haves: chain-guard, low center of gravity, long wheelbase, short stem
This is your freeride-style:
- Full-face-helmet and huge goggles for a maximum of protection
- Full protection: back protector, leg/elbow protector, ruff
- Loose-fit-pants with lots of movement and heavy-duty material
- The gloves have long fingers for a maximum of control & protection
- Soft Sole on your shoes offers good grip on flat-pedals
Here are your freeride-trails in
Your home-base are the slopes of the Reiterkogel, the Schattberg and the Zwölferkogels. Everything is just around the corner from the Hotel Talblick. In the morning, after a good and tasty Talblick-breakfast, the journey begins. The Z-line at the Zwölferkogel is a perfect location for a warm-up. In the skill-park half way down the mountain, you can work on your freeride-skills.
Warm enough and ready for real freeride-action?
Now is the time of the Blue-line and the Pro-line at the Reiterkogel. The Blue-line is a perfect entrance into the world of the Reiterkogel. If you've licked some blood, you can show your skills on the Pro-line. For bike-service and bike-rental you'll find professional help at Sport Gumpold in Hinterglemm.
At the end of the day, it is time for the freeride-grandmaster
Not tired yet? So, the X-line at the Schattberg is waiting for you. Go up with the Schattberg-express and take up some speed on the longest downhill-lines in the Alps. After flow and speed in the first part, you should not feel too secure. The second part and the lower section of the X-line is pure downhill and needs a good set of riding skills. Now tired? The Hotel Talblick is waiting for you and offers a hot sauna and fresh drinks.