The enduro biker
"Full speed ahead". Over hill, dale and roots and without regard of loss - that is enduro mountainbiking in Saalbach Hinterglemm
You and your buddies do neither prefer strikt uphill, nor only downhill - you want everything and you do not like compromises. Your mountainbike is fairly good in the uphill, but it's core competence is riding down the mountains over rough trails, jumps, tables and through narrow turns.
Big-5-challenge Saalbach - enduro mountainbike "de luxe"
Sounds like the Big-5-Challenge in Saalbach Hinterglemm is the right mountainbike-route for you. This enduro-adventure-tour through the entire bike circus Saalbach Hinterglemm takes you over 5 mountains and serves everything, the region has to offer. "Come on, the trail starts just around the corner. Adjust your bike, lower your seat post and take on some speed. Over the roots, through the rocks and through the next couple of turns".
Everything top - from mountainbike rental to SPA & wellness
If that is, what your favorite mountainbike-experience sounds like, you`ll probably ride a 160 mm endurobike and cannot wait until you ride it over the best trails you can find. Saalbach Hinterglemm is the best mountainbike-destination for you. Bike-service and -rental are perfect, the trails are challenging and those who want to get into downhill mountainbiking, can check out the X-Line and Pro Line.
This is your Bike:
- Much travel from 160 mm, up to 180 mm
- Size of your wheels: nothing less like 27,5''
- Breaks: at least 180 mm rotors, 200 mm are better
- Shifting: 2x10 is standard, experts ride 1x11
- On rough trails you ride fat tires with 2,4'' with lots of traction
- Decent-sitting-position, not to active, sit "inside" your bike for maximum control
- Must Haves: chain guard, vario-seat-post, adjustable travel in fork and shock
This is your style:
- Full-face-helmet: yes or no, it's up to you - the color matters the most
- Knee- and elbow protection is important
- Your pants are in "loose fit" spandex is out
- The gloves have long fingers for a maximum of control & protection
- With or without click-pedals is up to you - clicks are good in races
Here are your trails in Saalbach Hinterglemm
Big-5-challenge is your secret recipe. Five mountains, five cable-cars, fat downhills and still enough uphill-sections, so you will get sweaty. If you want to ride 5.000 vertical meters downhill, you will have to ride about 1.500 vertical meters uphill too - we do not give you anything for free in your mountainbike holidays.
All the top-trails in one mountainbike-day
The route of the big-5-challenge takes you to famous names like Bergstadl-trail, Z-line or Blue-line. If you like to mix some enduro-riding with downhill mountainbike, you can also show your riding-skills on the famous X-line or the Pro-line. The important thing is, you return to the Hotel Talblick in the evening and still have some energy left for cold drinks and tasty snacks. Sabine and Dietmar look forward to meeting you and your friends personally. We are happy to help you out with your holiday-planning. Fill out our contact form or give as a call +43 6541 6324.